To save money and help improve the environment, 20SomethingFinance.com suggests that you:
- grow your own food and buy from local sources.
- replace meat in meals with beans and vegetables.
- bring your own containers to buy bulk items.
- use refillable drink bottles.
- ride a bike instead of driving.
- use a low-flow showerhead.
- sell items not being used; buy used items instead of new.
For additional information on saving the environment and money, click here.
- Have students ask people to describe environmental-saving actions commonly used.
- Have students create a promotional plan to create awareness of money-saving actions that are also environmental friendly.
- What are benefits and drawbacks of environmental-saving actions?
- What factors might be considered when taking actions that save money and improve the environment?