How does a class setting influence student learning? What actions create an environment that motivates and engages students?
Some of the factors that create a productive learning environment include:
- Class begins promptly and in a well-organized way.
- Learners are able to see the significance and importance of information they are learning.
- The teacher provides clear explanations and holds attention and respect of students
- Class time includes a variety of active, hands-on student learning
- Clear, specific expectations for assignments are communicated.
- Learners are provided with many concrete, real-life, practical examples.
- The class environment is comfortable for students and allows them to speak freely.
For additional information on a productive learning environment, click here.
- Ask students to describe learning environments that were most beneficial for them.
- Have students describe an activity that would be beneficial for learning personal finance.
- What are potential benefits and concerns for various actions that teachers might take?
- What actions make be taken to enhance the personal finance learning environment?