Studies reveal that most people do not enjoy their work. In an effort to enhance your career satisfaction, career coaches recommend answering these questions on a regular basis:
- Am I doing something that is aligned with my core values?
- Am I doing something that leaves a lasting impact?
- Am I doing something that is related to my natural talents, aptitude, and disposition?
- Am I stretching myself a little every day?
- Can I see myself doing this same work five or ten years from now?
Responses to these questions will allow you to make a better connection between your passion and meaningful work activities. To assess your strengths and interests, use tools such as the Myers-Briggs personality test, Pathway Planner, StrengthsFinder 2.0, and the Enneagram personality assessment. While aligning your work with your talents, aptitude, and dispositions, also continue to challenge yourself.
For additional information on career assessment questions, click here.
- Have students ask others for their answers to these career questions.
- Have students research various careers that who allow them to make a better connection between their passion and meaningful work activities.
- What are actions a person might take to plan for a satisfying career?
- How might a person research careers that provide meaningful work?