In September 2014, the Internal Revenue Service announced the availability of new You Tube Videos to help taxpayers get important information about the Affordable Care Act and tax return filing. These videos on IRS You Tube channel discuss the premium tax credit and the individual shared responsibility provision. These provisions of the Affordable Care Act will affect tax returns beginning with the 2014 filing year.
In the premium tax credit video, the IRS Commissioner explains how it can help make purchasing health care through the Health Insurance Marketplace more affordable for people with moderate incomes.
For additional information on the tax provisions of the Affordable Care Act go to
You may want to use the original article to discuss
- What are the criteria used to be exempt from the Individual Shared Responsibility provision?
- How and where can you obtain an exemption?
- Who is subject to the individual shared responsibility provision?
- What you need to do if you want to be sure you have minimum essential coverage or an exemption for 2014?
- What will you have to do if you don’t have or don’t maintain your health insurance coverage?
- If you don’t have health insurance coverage or qualify for an exemption, how and when must you make an Individual Shared Responsibility payment?