“I’ve been told a high deductible health plan (HDHP) is a good choice for my situation and that it might save me some money. Can you explain this to me.”
This Forbes article provides answers to the questions that many people–especially younger people–have about high deductible health insurance policies. At the beginning, the author, Christina LeMontagne, points out that high deductible policies are a great option for healthy people, but may not be right for everyone. She also describes what a high deductible health plan is, who can benefit from HDHPs, and how they can save you money.
For more information, click here.
You may want to use the information in this blog post and the original article to
- Reinforce what a high deductible health plan (HDHP) is.
- Stress the fact that while an HDHP may save you money, there are risk involved if you choose this type of policy.
- What are the advantages of an HDHP plan?
- What are the disadvantages of an HDHP plan?
- Under what circumstances would you choose an HDHP plan?